Thoughts: 2011

       
1.      The human mind is a wonder. You may see things this way but you will be surprise others may interpret it differently.

2.      Define depression. I think it is either when you can tell no one what is going on in your mind or you do not know how to express what is bugging you.

3.      I wonder how is it possible for a person who has never even notice another person’s existence all this while to suddenly take interest in that other person?

4.      After reading “The Lady Most Likely” co-authored by Julia Quinn, I realise what they wrote is true. “One year is certainly not a long time when you lose someone you love”. For me, nine years is still not a long time when I lose someone I love.

5.      When I was studying vectors during my A-levels, my math lecturer likes to associate crabs with the topic. He said “To solve vector sums, you must think like a crab. The crab can only move sideways but not forward. But the intended destination is just in front of the crab. Like crabs, you’ll all have to “move sideways” to solve a vector sum”. I thought it was funny because it was just a straight forward thing. The crab just needed to turn its body 90 degrees anticlockwise with reference to the destination and move “sideways” to reach there. Much easier than solving a vector sum.

6.      I use to hate physics. It is one of the science subjects that includes complicated circuit maps and infinite laws of physics. Yet, I have to admit that sometimes it is fun to derive some “philosophies” from those laws. Call it application. For examples:
a)      “My brain works like a capacitor. Once it’s fully “charged”, no extra “charge” can be stored anymore.”
b)      “The law of conservation of energy is totally true. As it states that Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only be transformed from one form (Stress) to another (Nervous Breakdown).”

7.      After watching Walt Disney’s “Tangled”, I realised the only phrase that stuck on my mind was “No no no. This is bad. This is really really bad. They just can’t get my nose right.” by Flinn Rider a.k.a. Eugene.

8.      Although people try to explain to me, I still don’t get why a degree in Biology cost more than a degree in Pharmacy. 

9.      Basically, a human male and female can be distinguished by their X-Y sex chromosome (23rd) compositions. A male would have both of each X and Y chromosomes while a female would have both X chromosomes. Surprisingly there are some people born with either 1, 3 or 5 sex chromosomes!  
a)      X0- Female with Turner Syndrome
b)      XX- normal female
c)      XY- normal male
d)      XXY/XXXY- sterile male (Klinefelter Syndrome)
e)      XXX/XXXX/XXXXX- Female with Triple X Syndrome (meta females/ super-females with longer, slender legs, an inch taller and in lower range of intelligence)
f)       XYY- “potential serial-killer”/violent male
It is mind boggling that people are known to have up to 5 sex chromosomes. Truly mind blown I must say.

10.   When I thought I couldn’t cry anymore, I often surprise myself by using up a quarter from my tissue box. This is the price of having active tear ducts, I suppose.

11.   History taught me something. There is truth within lies, and lies within truth. And hence my question - is there such a thing call the absolute truth? Amusingly my friend, Lyon, asks me where the absolute lie is instead!

12.   Not accepting it doesn’t mean we're not adapted to it. I think this is one of the saddest, but common things that can often happen in real life.

13.   After reading “The Blue-eyed Devil” by Lisa Klepas, I really feel that once a man hit a woman, he’s definitely not worth being with anymore.

14.   I wonder is it possible to be happy by being sad? It sounds absurd but I think somehow, it’s true. A person who tends to be sad all the time, tries to be sad all the time. In a way, they are “happy” to stay sad.

15.   When I read about people taking years to realise they belong to each other in a novel, I always silently scream at their stupidity. Yet in real life, I realise I am the silly one. Because it takes stark honesty and endless courage from both parties to see through giants. Key word, both parties. 

16.   The worst friend you can ever have is a friend with a lack of Sincerity, Responsibility, Empathy, Punctuality, Consideration and Loyalty.

17.   A wise man once said: “Some people kill with just their tongues”. Very true indeed, I believe. 

18.   I fail to comprehend how someone can be so mean to others. And I despise those who are egoistic and arrogant! My only advice for them is to go listen to Taylor Swift's “Mean” and repent. 

19.   Reading “Night Play” by Sherilyn Kenyon somehow makes me wonder if there is such a thing call true love? What is the possibility of loving someone for who he or she is and having that person love you back for who you are? 0.000001%?

20.   “We are one” from Lion King 2, Simba’s Pride has one of the most meaningful phrases I have ever heard. “Look at us. Look at them. What difference did you see?”
We are all humans. Variation in skin, eye colours and build aside, we look the same. We are the same species. We share the same genetic code. Yet, why this fact has no effect on people waging war against people continues to baffle me. 

21.   I realise “hope” and “wish” means two different things and should be used in different contexts. We use hope when we know there is some possibility that it may still happen. And we use wish when we know it is not going to happen but we still want it to anyway. Inspiration from “Wishing you were somehow here again” from the Phantom of the Opera.

22.   Blabbering is a sign of nervousness. Even when talking to a friend, I could blabber a lot.

23.   I figure if bribery involving flexing one’s muscles is efficient, I could also bribe by flashing my innocent puppy eyes.

24.   Somehow, I came across this. And find it very amusing and accurate.
“‎5 DEADLY TERMS USED BY A WOMAN!!!
a)       FINE: This is the word women use to end an argument when she knows she is RIGHT & YOU need to SHUT UP.
b)       NOTHING: means SOMETHING & you need to be worried.
c)       GO AHEAD: this is a dare, not permission, DO NOT DO IT.
d)       WHATEVER: A woman's way of saying SCREW YOU.
e)       THAT'S OK: She is thinking long & hard on HOW & WHEN you will pay for your mistake.”

25.   I came across this “Monogamy is more cultural than genetics. Human concept of sexuality is more cultural than genetics as well.” I feel this statement can be true and false, depending on the situation. If people use this to help reduce discrimination, then it’s valid. Yet, if people use this as an excuse to cheat, it’s definitely invalid. 

26.   I have come to realise that determination has two faces. Sometimes, it can be admirable. Yet, it can also be annoying.

27.   What does “make her duckling face” means? It means CREATIVITY of the human mind! My sister has coined this phrase as her own. In any case, she means “pout”.

28.   Someone once said it is much easier applying to a University than applying for a Visa. I can vouch for it wholeheartedly, after the desperate-long-wait-for-my-visa-to-be-ready-incident.  

29.   When I refused to look into your eyes, what could that mean? Only two possibilities at least. That I'm either lying or I’m feeling shy. It's usually the latter.

30.   I wonder why, but my ability to lie decreases with age. Caught some reverse-syndrome, maybe?

31.   Is it possible to love and hate something at the same time? I love my freedom away from home. Yet I despise it too.

32.   In my first lecture of mechanisms of evolution, Professor Siva-Jothy once said: “You don’t propose a hypothesis to prove it, but to falsify it. If only you fail to disprove it that you accept it.” That tells me more about the ways of science.

33.   I learned something in two separate incidents, from two very different yet similar people. Sometimes we question ourselves. We question our dreams; our efforts; our faith, as it sometimes seemed too unreachable. Yet, when all is done; when all is right, we know why we first did it. Everything is worth it. For we know our dreams are justified.

34.   Dr. Wellman said: “Biodiversity is the bible of Biology. Just like how pharmacology and physiology are to Medicine.” I find this motivating, as I know I have chosen the right course!

35.   We have something in common taytay, we tend to run away from love.

36.   I recalled my English teacher once said that young people tend to be more idealistic. Am I being idealistic too when I refused to consider a career in the pharmaceutical industry as it involves cruel testing on animals?

37.   Career or family? When one’s passion conflicts with one’s happiness, everything crumbles.

38.   Imagination truly runs wild when one is lonely. My solution - keep myself occupied.

39.   Is passion enough to keep one alive? The road less taken is indeed too rocky without a helping hand.

40.   When a friend of mine lost her mother, I know I never want to take mine for granted again.

41.   Growing up is truly a contradicting process. Newfound independence is much appreciated. Yet at what cost Independence in exchange of my ‘ignorance’? It is just too much.  

42.   It is a pity that I despise people who have no patience for the young and old. Such a pity.

Comments

  1. mandy mandy oh mandeeyyy,
    i wonder if you ever read my comments? anyway. i absolutely agree with no.35. about the love phobia thingy, sigh.

    and oh, hey check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj5mqyszKE
    flynn is (still) so smexy, even with his mustache on! i wanted to share this with you in fb, but since you deactivated your account... oh well.

    i hope everything is okay with you there. you sound so.. mature and haha, old! in a good way of course. take that as a compliment will you? ;)

    i miss you.
    Muns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mun!
    Of course I do read your comments. And I value all of it :)

    omg. You have noooooo idea how excited I felt when I saw Flynnnnnn ;)
    I really can't wait for Tangled Ever After! This is gonna be soooo fun.

    Emo, I am still very. Miss Penang too much, I think.And yeah! It's definitely a compliment coming from you ;)

    You take care. Hope to see you soon :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts