Tribute: My Lady

Warming smile of loving hugs, a beautiful figure still.
The lady who feeds me well.
She makes sure whenever too hard pushed I stop myself.
And makes sure whenever ill i rest well.

Call home not today, when I know I should but just couldn't.
Again that sinking feeling visits, and sunny weather reflects not my mood.
Only blue and just blue is all I feel.

Mother's Day it is, the day I fail not to give a card.
A day to be home a pattern, a tradition.
But all broken today i have, extra empty I can only feel.

In a crowd of students I sat, fingers scrolling through Facebook's newsfeed.
Envy seeps through my mind as I see, friends do what I couldn't. 
Not all of them to be fair, but most of them still anyway. 

Moments recollect itself like clockwork, across brain-heart barrier.
Joy and sorrow memories my memento with her.
My throat tightens, my eyes water.

Searching for a photo of us, i try to. 
Yet add much to my distress I find.
For not many exist, I came to realise. 

A sign it is, a sign I know it true. 
So when I go home i could perhaps finally tell, that I love the world of her, that I really do tell. 
And every day it is, Happy Mother's Day. 
And to home it is, I really couldn't wait. 





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts