Books: To Wait or Not to Wait? That is the Argument

I have two objectives here today:
1.      To introduce a book series. (As usual. Wink.)
2.     To introduce a topic of argument. (Did I just state that?)

So first and foremost be thrilled to be introduced into the:
The Psychic Eye Mystery World.

Note: Please bear in mind that NEVER EVER judge a book by its cover! [So, don't say it's too childish for your taste etc.]

To begin with, this mystery series revolves around the psychic heroine, Abigail Cooper; her sexy FBI boyfriend, Roland Rivers and their associates.

Abigail Cooper, better known as “Abby” in the novels, is a gifted psychic. She is able to pick up information using her “radar” in the form of images.

As a result, Abby suffers a not-so-happy childhood with her problematic parents. Nevertheless, Abby embraces her gift eventually and ventures into the psychic profession. That’s when the wheels of destiny begin to turn as she encounters her future boyfriend, “Dutch” Rivers, while helping the police solve a crime when no other logical solutions are available.

Being an FBI, Dutch is initially very sceptical with Abby and her abilities as a psychic. He doubts her intentions, advices and feels embarrassed of her profession from time to time. Although Dutch’s response infuriates and upsets Abby, they work it all out in the end. [Dutch can be such a Jerk at the beginning. Yet as the series progresses, I find Dutch to be the Best BF ever as I see him develops into someone selfless, loving and accepting to Abby. Trust me, it will be well worth your time reading this series.]

Personally, I feel this series is not just about how cleaver the author plots her storylines. It is also about how two opposite people turning a rocky relationship into something solid and unwavering. A perfect example of a thoroughly weathered love blossomed.

I have learned a lot about what it means to grow a relationship. No one is perfect, and we don’t all come from the same background and upbringing. We may argue, we may fight but when that’s behind, we should listen to each other. And it takes time, effort and willingness from both parties to move on and grow.

I can see some progression in the crime-solving level as well. It starts at local crimes and eventually move out to include national and then international crimes. It is interesting and definitely intriguing to see how Abby is able to help solve crime through her unique way of intuition.

So, if you people love a little action, crime, romance and perhaps a little supernatural, I’m going to vote “yes” to recommend this series to you!
Some of my mystery collections 

Does it seem a little too good to be true?
So okay, I confessed. There is an itty-bitty flaw in this series…

It’s not complete… yet!!!
Book 9: In the bookstores on 05th July
So here comes my argument. Most of the time, I avoid unfinished series because it can really be super frustrating! Can you imagine yourself reading something interesting and it suddenly ends with a cliffhanger but the next book is not published yet?

To be continued?

Yikes! I really have a hard time controlling my temper at this point. I can see the “patience is virtue” phrase leaving my right ear immediately after it enters my left. I am in a zone where I hear you but don’t expect me to listen to you.

When I read the excerpt of "Vision Impossible", I jumped off my seat as it introduced a guy named “Rick” as Abby’s fiancé! [No way in a million, billion, trillion years]. This is not happening! What happened to Dutch?

So, can you see my dilemma? Never mind my temper, some people think the waiting’s what keep them excited and thrilled. But not to me. I know I don’t represent the entire human population, but still, I think it sucks to wait…
  
So, what do you think then?

“The longer the waiting, the more excited one gets?” Or…
“The faster one gets to know, the faster one gets to move on?”

After some thought, I feel it’s wrong to say one argument is superior than the other. When we are in good mood, we tend to see things in a positive light, and so the waiting seemed exciting. But on the other hand, when we are in grumpy-mode, we tend to get ruffled by little things.

Just like in this moment when I want to know what is happening in “Vision Impossible” right away but the book will only be out in July! Not to mention the book will only be available in hardcovers, which cost a bomb. [Sobs… I want my Paperbacks!]

I call this the “two-faced-coin-way-of-thinking”, as nothing seemed to be absolute when it comes to involve a species called Homo sapiens. Every step we make, every right or wrong we decide, is only governed by that very thin line we draw ourselves mentally.

And so, to avoid going into Depression Mode, try recalling something sweet and happy. [Or just go get some Chocolates & Ice Cream. Yummy!]

My Verdict:
Life is short. [In my humble opinion]
So, novels, please don't keep people waiting. [Thank You]

Author’s Quick Profile:









Name: Victoria Laurie


Book Series:
ü  Psychic Eye Mysteries
ü  Ghost Hunter Mysteries
ü  Oracles of Delphi Keep Series

Fast Facts:
ü  Victoria Laurie is a real-life professional psychic. (Or so she claims)
ü  Started out as an amateur writer but became quite successful later.
ü  A New York Times Best-Selling Author.
ü  Stops her psychic sessions not long ago to continue writing her series.


[Smiles]                                                                                           

Comments

  1. OMG~ ur post make me want to read novel! Now gt a feeling like ur house is a library & can i go to ur house to borrow novels? I think this series is not bad after all it suits my type, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. EVERYONE tries to avoid incomplete series, the difference is they succeed or not ;)btw this series looks cool, loove the 'back to future' setting :)

    ya lo xix, her house, correction, her room is a mini library! lets go korek together one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A small mission of mine is to introduce & promote stories I find interesting.

    Of course you can borrow from me anytime if you're interested. Books are meant to be read, not just kept. If not they will definitely fall prey to Sliver Fishes. Yikes!

    Just remember to return my babies to me. [Smiles]

    Mun, you exaggerate too much. The "HMint" 's room is a mini library. [Wink]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts